Beta 2.0 Released
This release does not contain a lot of new functionality however the main screen's tabs and flow of the tool has dramatically changed which is why it's a major release. It's a beta release because I haven't finished all of the documentation and tutorials but I didn't want to hold up the release. OSK was originally intended as a cFS training tool. However, it missed this goal. It provided a lot of functionality and features but it failed to introduce the cFS in a manner that explained how to use the cFS for a mission. There's also a growing need for an application development kit and a cFS deployment kit. These realizations are based on some great feedback that is greatly appreciated.
Release notes for Beta Version 2.0:
- Created a reference Simple Sat (SimSat) spacecraft to provide context for how the cFS can meet a mission's objectives.
- Changed the 'tab flow' to (1)Explore cFS/SimSat, (2)Manage Apps, and (3)Extend OSK.
- As part of the flow change documentation, demos, and tutorials are launched in context-specific screens.
- Added a 'hello world' sample app template that matches the 'QQ' app example in the cFE App Developers Guide. This is much more complete than the 'sample app'.
- Continue to improve the documentation: Complete User's Guide. Improve self-guided training modules with exercises.
- Complete CFDP testing and use as the primary file transfer protocol.
- Enhance the Manage App tab to include browsing and adding apps from a library and creating an app plugin model.
- Integrate cFE 6.7 and start to improve the unit test infrastructure. cFE 6.6 still has some known unit test deficiencies.
See also the OSK GitHub Wiki and the Installation Instructions.
Feel free to share!