Versions 1.7 Released
There are very few functional changes in this release but there are multiple on going "under the hood" changes that will impact future releases and create a better application development and integration environment. I've also been improving the online documentation and added community catalogs.
Release notes for Versions 1.7:
- Converted the Create App tool from Java to Ruby. A COSMOS screen is used for the GUI and it's much cleaner.
- Performed a preliminary integration of CCSDS File Delivery Protocol (CFDP) COSMOS and FSW components. Still needs to be fully tested. Thanks to Visiona for supplying the COMSOS CFDP engine!
- Added Limit Checker app table generation tools that are included in LC's lib directory but they have not been fully integrated. Still need to work out some cmd/tlm defnition details. Thanks to Bruce Savadkin for providing a python version of the tools!
- Replace the 'hello world' sample app template with a template that matches the example in the cFE App Developers Guide.
- Improve documentation: Complete User's Guide. Add task oriented documentation and self-guided training modules with exercises.
- Complete CFDP testing and use as the primary file transfer protocol.
- Integrate cFE 6.6 when it's available and start to improve the unit test infrastructure. cFE 6.6 still has some known unit test deficiencies.
See also the OSK GitHub Wiki and the Installation Instructions.
Feel free to share!