Version 1.2 Released
I’m pleased to announce the release of OpenSatKit (OSK) Version 1.2. The focus of this release took a turn from what was announced in November 2017.
- Enhanced the 42 FSW app (f42) with configuration commands and a parameter table. The 42 simulator screen launched from the main page's <42 Simulator> button has been significantly enhanced.
- Updated the 42 simulator on 2-10-18 (42 is not tagged with a version). Implemented 42's "THREEAXISFSW" controller in the f42 app. A closed loop FSW-42 simulation can be run from the 42 simulator screen.
- Created COSMOS Table Manager definition files for most of the binary files created by the cFE apps so they can be displayed.
- The cFE app's COSMOS command and telemetry definition were updated to consistently use underscores.
- A new tutorial tab was added that is used to launch tutorials that are run using COSMOS's Script Runner. User tutorials are easily added. See the user's guide for details.
Here’s a brief look at the OSK roadmap…
- Complete all sections of the kit's User's Guide.
- The OSK apps use text files for tables as opposed to the cFS binary files and the tables are managed by the OSK application framework (OSK_APP_FW) instead of the cFE. All of the OSK apps with tables will be converted from XML to JSON. A big driver for text tables is to simplify table management and future automation of application integration. An OSK Application Developer's Guide will also be in the next release.
- Upgrade to cFE 6.6, and Ubuntu 17.x.
- Create the frameworks for application unit and functional test suites.
Feel free to share!