Version 1.0 Released
I’m pleased to announce the release of OpenSatKit (OSK) Version 1.0. The previous release
could be considered a beta release. The focus of this release is application management.
- Populated the Application Management section in the kit's User's Guide.
- Added a Create Application tool that generates a 'Hello World' app. This tool is launched from the kit's main page.
- Refactored the kit's application framework library (app_fw_lib) to osk_app_fw, cleaned up events, and added JSON table support. See OSK_DEMO_APP for example usage.
- Note OSK 1.0 has only been tested with COSMOS 3.9.x and Ubuntu 16.04. Even this environment has experienced some instability. See Issue #3.
Here’s a brief look at the OSK roadmap…
- Complete all sections of the kit's User's Guide.
- The OSK apps use text files for tables as opposed to the cFS binary files and the tables are managed by the OSK application framework (OSK_APP_FW) instead of the cFE. All of the OSK apps with tables will be converted from XML to JSON. A big driver for text tables is to simplify table management and future automation of application integration. An OSK Application Developer's Guide will also be in the next release.
- Upgrade to COSMOS 4.x, cFE 6.6 (not released yet), and Ubuntu 17.x.
- Create the frameworks for application unit and functional test suites.
Feel free to share!